We are looking for a new Backend Developer to join our team!
If you have programming skills, team spirit, and a passion for top-notch technologies, high-quality code and learning new things, then you will love this job!
At Better, we are building software solutions that help medical teams improve patient care. Our advanced open-data medical platform and healthcare applications already support over 22 million patients in more than 500 hospitals all over the world.
As a Backend Developer, you will be working with our team of developers, designers, DevOps, analysts, and QA testers. Your job will involve a lot of coding, debugging, problem-solving, code reviewing, trying new technologies, and staying up to date with current best practices.
Your daily ToDo list will include:
- Building high-quality reusable code
- Developing functional and sustainable applications
- Constantly striving to optimize performance and debugging
- Being involved and participating in the overall application lifecycle
- Defining and communicating technical and design requirements
- Constantly learning and trying new technologies
Our technology stack:
- Java and Kotlin
- Spring Boot
- Git, GitLab
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity …)
- Profilers (YourKit …)
Skills you need to excel at this job:
- Experience in Java
- Passion for learning, growth and complex challenges
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- English language
And here is what we offer:
You will be joining a team of highly skilled and dedicated people who are happy to share their knowledge with you. You will be working on interesting and challenging problems in the healthcare sector and contributing to solving real-world problems.
Here are some benefits and perks of working at Better:
- A high degree of autonomy, flexible working hours and an option for partial work from home even after the COVID pandemic (we are currently remote-first)
- Family-friendly environment, supportive of your free time and life after work
- Full-time employment with extra benefits
- Investment in your continued personal and professional development (language courses, training, conferences, mentorship program)
- Top equipment (Mac/PC)
- Great location in Ljubljana
- Strong employee wellbeing policy (fresh fruit, diverse sports activities, individual coaching etc.)
- And last but not least… Free coffee anytime :)
Sounds good? Send your CV and we’ll get back to you soon.