We are looking for an experienced Backend Developer to join our team!
If you have great programming skills, team spirit, and a passion for top-notch technologies and high-quality code, then you will love this job!
At Better, we are building software solutions that help medical teams improve patient care. Our advanced open-data medical platform and healthcare applications already support over 22 million patients in more than 500 hospitals all over the world.
As a Backend Developer, you will be working with our team of developers, designers, DevOps, analysts, and QA testers. Your job will involve a lot of coding, debugging, problem-solving, code reviewing, trying new technologies, and staying up to date with current best practices.
Your daily ToDo list will include:
- Building high-quality reusable code
- Developing functional and sustainable applications
- Constantly striving to optimize performance and debugging
- Being involved and participating in the overall application lifecycle
- Defining and communicating technical and design requirements
- Constantly learning and trying new technologies
Our technology stack:
- Java and Kotlin
- Spring Boot
- Maven, Gradle
- Git, GitLab
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, TeamCity …)
- Profilers (YourKit …)
- Cloud technologies (Docker, Kubernetes, Azure)
Skills you need to excel at this job:
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Back end Developer in Java or Kotlin
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Teamwork and collaboration skills
- Good organizational and time-management skills
- Proficiency in English
And here is what we offer:
- A high degree of autonomy, flexible working hours, and an option for partial work from home
- Family-friendly environment, supportive of your free time and life after work
- Full-time employment with extra benefits
- Investment in your continued personal and professional development (language courses, IT conferences, and training)
- Top equipment (Mac/PC)
- Great location in Ljubljana
- Strong employee wellbeing policy
Interested? Send your CV to , and we will get back to you as soon as possible.